After a lot of tinkering, I’ve finally got to the stage (only eighteen days after I’d planned!) where I’m happy to announce a new beta preview of the NTNU Library Toolbar. As promised, we’ve now got:
- Variable encapsulation (I’m not sure that I’d call it object oriented yet)
- Improved URI-session management
- New preferences layout (sorry, this makes it incompatible with preferences created in older versions)
- New preferences pane
- The possibility of adding your own resources (yes, even those that have session data in the URI)
However, I added a few changes:
- Hitting enter no longer defaults to BIBSYS, but to a user specified operation:
- the previously used search
- a search specified by the user
- does nothing
- Multilanguage support
- Buttons for resetting things to defaults
This preview is stable, but there are a number of issues that prevent me from adding it to the update list until its final release; more on this in a month or two!
Glad to hear your feedback as ever.